Prayer

Prayer
Prayer copy write Tracy Hughson

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hush little baby

Sorry about no post yesterday I went apple picking with my daughter, sister and mom and was gone pretty much all day. So here is a lullaby I used to sing to my daughter.

Hush little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's going to show you a hummingbird.

If that hummingbird should fly,
Mama's going to show you the evening sky.

When the nighttime shadows fall,
Mama's going to hear the crickets call.

While their song drifts from afar,
Mama's going to search for a shooting star.

When that star has dropped from view,
Mama's going to read a book with you.

When that story has been read,
Mama's going to bring your warm bedspread.

If that quilt begins to wear,
Mama's going to find your teddy bear.

If that teddy bear won't hug,
Mama's going to catch you a lightning bug.

If that lightning bug won't glow,
Mama's going to play on her old banjo.

If that banjo's out of tune,
Mama's going to show you the harvest moon.

As that moon drifts through the sky,
Mama's going to sing you a lullaby.



Head covering for yesterday!!
As my daughter is in most of the pictures from yesterday I thought I would just tell you that I wore a nice pre-tied Bandana
it looked very similar to this one. Coveryourhair.com


No comments:

Post a Comment